Registration of displaced persons from Ukraine – November 2022
Below are the data for November 2022:
- As for the 1,919 persons received a certificate of temporary protection. Compared to the previous month, this is a drop of 8% (2,094 people in October)
- The majority were women (54% of persons in November). 76% were adults and 98% had Ukrainian nationality
- In terms of accommodation needs, Fedasil referred 93 persons to a crisis shelter, i.e. 5% of the persons who received temporary protection in the course of the month. The other persons had an accommodation solution in Belgium.
- As of recently, Statbel (the Belgian statistics bureau) has been publishing extensive figures on displaced persons from Ukraine in Belgium: https://statbel.fgov.be/nl/visuals/oekraiense-ontheemden (in Dutch) and https://statbel.fgov.be/fr/visuals/deplaces-ukrainiens (in French)
- Information on temporary protection can also be found on the website of the Immigration Office: https://dofi.ibz.be/en/themes/ukraine/temporary-protection
The displaced persons from Ukraine who arrived in Belgium can register in Belgium in order to receive temporary protection and, if necesary, accomodation.
Since 24 October 2022, displaced persons can register at Eurostation, 40 place Victor Horta, 1060 Brussels. Persons who fulfil the recognition conditions, immediately receive a temporary protection certificate which entitles them to the delivery of an A-card with a validity of one year, which is issued by the administration of the municipality where the person concerned is residing.
The Immigration Office is the federal body responsible for the registration of displaced persons.
Fedasil takes care of the referral of people, if they so wish, to a temporary accommodation that is provided in the Belgian municipalities. The municipalities are responsible for the provision and coordination of temporary accommodation, including accommodation provided by private persons.